Ninna Marni (welcome) to the Australian Institute for Loss & Grief.
In 2005 the Australian Institute for Loss and Grief evolved from the strength of the Sacred Site Within Healing Centre which was originally set up in 1993 in Adelaide SA. From both these organizations the ‘Seven Phases to Integrating Loss and Grief’ became a model that became not just culturally appropriate for the Aboriginal community but the Seven Phases discovered it can support and ‘work with‘ Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal individuals, families & communities!
We offer a range of services:
- Personal Counselling – For individuals, couples & families. The aim is to identify and integrate tangible and in-tangible losses so as to name and process grief emotions so one can move forward!
- Career Counselling – The aim of career counselling is to help individuals ‘feel the fear and succeed anyway’. Such a philosophy can inspire them to move forward into their careers!
- Workshops – 1, 2 or 3 day workshop. The aim of these non-accredited workshop is to ‘Use loss and grief to explain why many Aboriginal people can’t, don’t or won’t access mainstream services to impart practical skills to create safety in the workplace!
- 5 day Training National Qualification – The aim of this training is to encourage participants to achieve a nationally recognized qualification! As with the above workshops, the aim of this accredited workshop is to ‘Use loss and grief to explain why many Aboriginal people can’t, don’t or won’t access mainstream services to impart practical skills to create safety in the workplace’!
- Presentations/Conferences: The aim is to present the Seven Phases to Integrating Loss and Grief as a missing link to understanding major social, emotional & health challenges not just from an Aboriginal perspective but humanity’s perspective!
“Where grief meets inspiration”
Please consider donating to our 2016 ‘Healing Grief the Aboriginal Way’ Conference.